Friday, June 13, 2008

Mary, Git yer gun...

You are gonna need it to ward off screaming fans.


This has got to be short because we are going to Knotts Berry Farm tomorrow and I need to get my beauty sleep. I have so much to say though and by tomorrow, I will be just another day behind...

Tonight was AMAZING!!!! I went to see "Annie Get Your Gun" presented by Biola Youth Theater. My best friend's son is the lead role. He was FANTASTIC!!!! He just gets better and better. We have been through alot over the years. I remember pacing in the hospital room on the day he was born. Wasn't that yesterday?

Tommy, I know you don't read this (Heck, I don't think you even know that I have it), but this section is dedicated to you. From the day you were born, you have always been so special to me. Words cannot describe it. You are so much more than my friend's son. You are pieces of a whole that have enriched my life beyond measure. I have watched you grow from a sleeping baby in my arms (one that would graciously fall asleep as you my heard my sweet voice telling you about the world that lay ahead of you..or my world as I knew it at the time. We all know that story...hee hee) to this young man I saw, not only on the stage but also afterwards as you spoke to your friends, family and fans and continue to see as I watch you. You are truly amazing Tommers. You have so much to offer this world and I hope and pray you hold fast to the path God has planned for you. He has such great things in store for you. I have always told you that you are not allowed to get older etc. This time I really mean it!!! I love you Tommers...

So, with that said, I move on to Bethany. She graduated from Kindergarten on Tuesday. (Yes, Tommy, I remember when you started Kindergarten too...)...We took her to Disneyland and made reservations at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. She loved it although I think it was a challenge letting it all sink in. Oh and don't forget she was insistant that she spend her money on a new do from Libby Lu. Our time is so short with these little treasures and I pray I don't let the years slip by. She is quite a beauty and has so much potential. (Mary, I see what a great job you did on Tommy and I hope that I can be that great of a mother to Bethie. Thanks for your great example over the years.)


This is it. I can't write anymore because I can no longer see through my tears. It is time to turn off the faucet and try to get some shut eye. Sleep tight all.

0 comments: