Ring ring...Mom called me last Friday and asked if Mike and I would mind taking my dad with us to see Mama Mia. She was going out of town and dad was told by his doctor that he needed to take it easy this weekend. "Sure Mom. No problem. Why does Dad need to take it easy?"
Dad had a Biopsy today and needs to take it easy and watch for any kind of side effects from it. I get off the phone...thankful that I am home alone...my head is swirling...a Biopsy? Why? What does this mean? Are they looking for...? But what if...?
I call mom back..."What are they looking for?"
CANCER. The "C" word. More spinning...how can it be? This is the guy who was my pal since I pushed my way into this world. We understand each other when no one else does. We have the same dumb sense of humor (again, only understanding each other when everyone else seems to think we have lost our marbles.)... I used to crack a joke when I got in trouble...dad would laugh...mom would get mad...she just didn't get it. Daddy did. We even snore the same (Quiet and genteel...like a kitten purring). I know it is appointed for a man once to die...I realize the older I get that the shorter life is. Why are my cheeks wet? I am crying...I love both my parents so much...maybe too much...I don't think I could bear it if anything happened to them...In my selfishness...NO!!! I am not ready for this!!! Please. Please God!
Wait! When will the test results come in? I call mom back...Wednesday...Ok. There is nothing to worry about just yet. I really had to pray that I would stop worrying about this until there was something to worry about.
I talked to my sister to see if I could get some more details...Dad had an Abnormal blood test, they needed to do a Biopsy to check for Cancer. See? The dreaded ABC's.
Results are in...All Clear. There is something wrong. They are looking into it but there is no cancer. Thank you God. See? All this worry and it was all ok.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
The dreaded ABC's
Posted by Bec at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment