Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mission SNAPPED!

Hello all,
I have been on a mission to frantically catch up on my picture developing. I am about 6 months behind on it (or so I thought). I thought I would only print pictures when I needed them but it just doesn't work for me that way. I like to have extra of everything...just in case I run out. I will buy two of each kind of paper because you never know what y ou will need it for. Yes, I am a nut. Anywho...

I have been trying to get creative on how to pay for them since now that I have over a hundred...I don't think hubby will be too thrilled with me forking over that kind of cash just to preserve my sanity...(He already has his doubts)...

So, I signed up with YORKPHOTO and SNAPFISH. Both labs are exactly the same. You have the same edit options (including the same borders) and some free prints. York had a special for 40 free prints and Snapfish...20 plus for the July special...50 prints for a penny each. I placed two orders each with each photo lab. Snapfish was placed on Sunday (13) morning and York was placed on Friday (18).

I have had my doubts about Snapfish from past experiences. The last time I ordered (several years ago) it took about 3-4 weeks before I received my photos. I called to find out what was going on and they were rude and unresponsive. I said I would never go back if that is the kind of service I was going to get.

Fast forward to present...Very dear friends of mine say they haven't had any trouble with Snapfish so I thought I would give it another shot...I have an email from York. My order is complete and ready to ship. BOTH ORDERS FROM YORK...processed in about a day and a half. Where are my orders from Snapfish??? Still processing. This is a test to see how long it will take to actually get the photos...Needless to say, I am pretty much where I was several years ago...SNAPPED! Hope you all have better luck. My favorite is still SHUTTERFLY. If you are interested in trying any of these out...please send me an email and I will send you the links. Once you recomment people to other sites...you can get more free prints. :) Free is always good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,

I finally got caught up on all your blogs. You do have a way with words - many of which truly touched me. Having been able to share some of those moments with you and then seeing how beautifully you describe your feelings just reinforces what a special friend you are. Thank you for being the wonderful person you are - one who is giving, caring, fun, sensitive and smart.
Anne