Recently I have been disappointed by some events that have taken place in my life. I am the kind of person who will do whatever I can for my family and friends. If there is something they need or want...no matter how small, large or unimportant it is to me...I will find a way to support their quest. Many times I will cancel any plans that I currently have just to help out. It's just the way I am.
Generally I don't expect anything in return but it is difficult for me when the jester is not returned. I know that most people are not constructed like me. I really don't know of anyone else who would do some of the things that I would do...Does it make me stupid? Sometimes I think so because I can get really emotional when I am not supported when I ask for it.
I spoke to my friend/sister in law about this (We have been friends since we were weee lasses and now I am lucky enough to have her for a sister. God IS good); She told me, "It is your strongest quality, Bec". That statement said volumes to me. Yes, I do realize she didn't say it was my "best" quality but still. This is a unique trait to me. My family knows that at any given moment I will drop whatever it is and help them if they needed it. I would too. It is tough sometimes but I know that I cannot expect others to be who I am. God made us all different for a reason.
Ok. Enough on this one. It has been eating at me for awhile and wanted to get it in writing. There will be more posts...Lucky you...
Sunday, July 6, 2008
My Strongest Weakness
Posted by Bec at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment