First! Welcome to Middle Age my friend. My best friend enters middle age today. For 40 days she had a gift to open...Now we are in beautiful Indio... She is sleeping in and I am catching you up on everything...HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!!!!
This has been the craziest week. First we were threatened by fire...then we had some family scares and I had a disappointing outcome to a friendship.
FIRE!!!
Yes, we were packed and ready for the Fire Dept. to tell us to evacuate. Thankfully that knock on the door. We could see the smoke from our house but we didn't really venture out to see the fires. Now we are safe and the drama of the day seems so insignificant.
FAMILY!!!
What a crazy week of family crisis and near misses we had. First, my mom had a birthday on Monday...Happy b-day mom...Only it wasn't happy...She had just found out that my aunt Barbara (her sister), had been airlifted out of her home (she lives on a prairie outside of Boise, ID), and transported to a hospital. Here they found out that my aunt has a rare cancer that is called Peritoneal Cancer which is in true Auntie Baba style. Nothing normal for her...We don't know much more except the doctors think it has spread to her ovaries and they should have started chemo this week.
Tuesday my dad was admitted to the hospital because his hemoglobin was at 7 and it should have been at 14. The doctor put him in the hospital for further testing and a blood transfusion. After reading his chart the doctor wanted to do more tests and rule out leukemia and lymphoma. The doctor conducted a bone marrow test (OUCH!) and a Catscan. (let me just add here that the doctor was almost sure it was leukemia and that dad was not a good candidate for chemo due to a bad liver). Needless to say, we were all being brave. So on Wednesday, the family gathered around as the doctor gave the diagnosis...NO LEUKEMIA AND NO LYMPHOMA!!! Dad has a B12 difficiency called Pernicious Anemia. He has had several blood transfusions and will continue to have them throughout the weekend. Hopefully he can come home by Monday. Since his bloodcount was so low, they have him in an isolated room so he does not catch infections.
FRIENDS!!!
Of course you know that today is my Best Friends B-day...HAPPY B_DAY AGAIN!!!!! I have lots planned for her. But you will have to wait... This is what I woke up to...
As I mentioned before...it has been one thing after another this week...it doesn't stop here...I have a very dear friend who, due to some misunderstandings and past "sins", (not on my part)we will need to cease our communications. I already feel like a part of me has died but I know that God has a better plan and I am trusting in Him with all of this. I wish nothing but the best to him and his family.
Now for the best part of this whole crazy week. I think you should know that I have the best husband around. He has been so supportive through this whole week. He has been a strong anchor of support when I need him the most. First with support when I was scared about Dad and then when the whole thing happened with my friend mentioned above he stood by my side and let me know that I was not alone. I love you honey!!!Heart You!
That is all for now...I will update soon. Have a great day. I will. :)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
FIRST! Fire! Family!! Friends!!!
Posted by Bec at 6:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my goodness..you sure did have a lot on your plate during this hard time. So sorry that it all came at once for you - I am praying and thinking of you as you are still recovering from the stress and anxiety of this phase. Hang in there - you are not alone :) And P.S> Yay Mike!!!
K
Post a Comment