Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Hello. I KNOW!!! Can you believe I am writing twice in one week? Who does that??? I know. Everyone but me. I am doing it now...

So, to update you all on my dad...He is home from the hospital. His blood platelets are still low. They should be 100 but are at 23 (according to my dad). He is supposed to stay away from too much riff raff as his immune system is still down.

I miss my friend. Something will happen about my brother or whatever and I will want to tell him what is going on...he isn't there. Very strange...Still, it is for the best.

My BFF had a great time in Indio. She loved it all. She was tired but we finally figured out by the end that she was getting sick (how is that for denial?). I had a great time too. We pushed our old bodies to the limit and defied middle age once again!!! (HA HA HA!!!!)

So with all that said. I write this with a thankful heart. I am thankful that my dad is doing better and it is nothing too serious. I am thankful for the friends that are currently in my life. I am thankful for a church that continues to care and be concerned even in my doubt...and pray for me...THANKFUL...That God answers the prayers of lowly people like me...I am thankful for family both immediate and extended who keep me grounded...thankful for A wonderful husband who we will celebrate 9 yearsof wedded bliss (okay...mostly wedded bliss...sometimes just wedded.) on Thanksgiving...There is so much to be thankful for...THANKFUL...most of all to God for his grace...HIS PLAN that I so don't understand...but I am thankful for it.

What are you thankful for?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there - I love the closing paragraph here and echo the words. Yes - definitley thankful that I am able to live and breathe. Thankful also for some family, and for my orchestra family , and my scrappin' friends!! K