Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shrink Wrap

Well September is already speeding by.

Bethany had a great b-day. She had some from friends from school come to Castle Park in Riverside to celebrate. The kids had a great time eating pizza, playing in the arcade, riding the rides and playing golf. Miniature golf that is. I will post a couple of pictures later.

This week I am in Indian Wells at a Leadership Effectiveness Training, (L.E.T.). Yesterday we learned about behavior windows, roadblocks in conversation and active listening. Sorry, did you say something?

Our homework is to read, read, read and to give a 5 minute recap of Active Listening. I am getting really good at saying, "So what I hear you saying is..." and "You sound like..." I feel like I am in a therapist office (Shrink) and I am the one helping you all work through your issues. Aren't you glad...? Don't answer that.

Really though. It is a great course. It is a course by Dr. Thomas Gordon (Link to be added later) and I recommend everyone to read it. It has lessons for work and home. Bet you can't wait to hear what I have to say today...

Have a great day. Hopefully, I will add some pics tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's what you've been doing!! I can't wait until we talk again - not!

Bec said...

I will give you the book to read on your trip:)